Friday, March 7, 2014

The Immersery

As part of Melbourne Food and Wine festival series

The Immersery is a pop up bar/ restaurant and raingarden all in one representing Melbourne's unique dining culture. It is at Queensbridge Square which is across the river from Flinders st.
The menu

The fresh fruits



The Immersery is cash only but there are nearby atms at Crown and at Southgate.

In the mornings there are only breakfast pastries and coffee and tea. No eggs or pancakes. Its fine for me as I don't eat a lot. The coffee here is ok. It is pretty pricey for what it is worth- $4 per cup.
My coffee


But I loved the crumpets- $6.50 per plate with some lovely honey from Rooftop and lovely, creamy butter from Murtleford  Butter factory. The butter was so addictive. I also loved the cute knife. But the crumpets are quite messy with hands so you might need a handwash or two.
What's on offer at the bar


The water bottles

The Floating bar

The menu

For lunch they have a $14.50 tasting plate (or $20 with wine). The bar atmosphere was quite lovely.

For dinner they have banquets.


I loved the raingarden up the top. It kept me nice and cool on warmer days.

The Immersery is open from 7:30am-11pm and everyone can enter for free during the days of the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...