Friday, March 7, 2014

Sydney Road party and Beatbox kitchen

The Brunswick Music festival has been going on for years and as part of that there is the Sydney Road party which brings together traders, acts and the public. This year is no different. As part of this years Brunswick Music festival and to open it the City of Moreland has put on a big party. It is a public party on Sydney Road and everyone was invited. Most of the crowd were students and families. It was on Sunday the 2nd of March and part of the road was closed.

Drink samples


Fresh coconuts for $5

It was free entry of course. Most people chose to walk their dogs as this was a dog friendly event. There was limited parking in the side streets so most people took the bus or the train from the city. I took the bus from Moonee ponds and when I entered, I smelt a lot of BBQ smoke. I thought lovely. Up the Victoria st end was lots and lots of food and down the RMIT end was the flea market which had $5 vintage records and lovely handmade things such as the jam and earrings.


My free tram ticket
Juggling act


The party was heaps of fun with the buskers around. They were just doing their thing. I paid them a lot of silver coins to thank them for playing such fine music. Oh and I loved the juggling act.

There was heaps of live music to be enjoyed and drinks by Thunder Road Brewery (I think they were $8 each). Of course I don't drink so I went for my usual lemonade ($3)and a shroom burger ($10) from Beatbox Kitchen (one of the food trucks). I didn't like Beatbox's shroom burger as much as the Mr Burger one. Mr Burger's one was huge, this one was not. Mr Burger's one was less messy, this one was much more messy and one end was soggy from the mushroom. I didn't buy the fries this time.


She wasn't too happy to serve customers

I loved the flea market- it reminded me of my child like days. I loved the little tiny kites and the bike and Blend bar. At the RMIT end there was craft section where kids could paint porcelain figures. It seemed like a lot of fun.


Lots of cute wares on sale




Food


Many thanks to the City of Moreland for putting this on. Students if you are around next year do take part in this event.
Beatbox Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...