Saturday, December 22, 2012

Guzman Y Gomez Mexican Taqueria

Guzman Y Gomez is a Mexican place. They are all over Sydney and now they are here in Melbourne.

I went on opening day and was cordially invited to try their burritos. Their burritos are huge!

There was a line just to get in the door. I got here at 11am and already there was a big queue. Several times I considered being really rude and push right in as I was in a hurry. Like other restaurants, they should invite the bloggers in before the rest of the public so that we can take as many pictures as we like without people blocking us.












Not only do they do food, they also do drinks as well. They do have Mexican drinks as well as canned soft drinks, margaritas, sangritas etc. If you buy a burrito you also get a can of soft drink for $1.

What's more you also can put as much sauce and toppings as you like. I loved the jalepinos. You don't get this anywhere else in Melbourne CBD. I also was a fan of the Spanish onions.

Normally a burrito here costs around $8 or $9 but today I got it for free. And I loved the veggie one. Nicely done with all the rice and veggies inside. Yummo. A burrito is a Mexican tortilla wrap filled with yummy goodness inside and rice as well. Here you can choose either meat or veg and I chose veg.

You line up, go inside and order your burrito and they'll call your number when it is ready.

Also they gave out some free corn chips whilst my friend and I waited in the queue. The wait was 20 mins long.

Many thanks to Guzman Y Gomez for this. You really made our day.  I wasn't  much of a fan of the balloons nor the moustache painting on the skin. My skin like all Asians skin is very sensitive and I didn't know how it would react to moustache being painted.  Some people like myself are a little sensitve of balloons. How about no balloons or opening it earlier for the bloggers to visit before the rest do?

I'd happily visit again and pay full price for my yummilicious burrito.
Guzman Y Gomez Mexican Taqueria Swanston Street on Urbanspoon
They also have one at Highpoint too. Guzman Y Gomez Mexican Taqueria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...