Friday, February 14, 2014

Alice Nivens



I love their front area.
Alice Nivens is a cake shop selling the best quality cakes. They are across the road from Flinders st station in a little arcade known as Port Phillip arcade. They are a stone's throw away from Victoria Uni where the info day is always held. They are a sustainable place. If you bring your keep cup, then you get $1 off your coffee. I forgot. Darn.


Look how cute their sugar tin is!

cakes



Cute spoon

short black which I thought was meh


My food



Their cake display which changes



The toilets are across the road from the Port Phillip arcade

I had a short black and cakes.
The short black I had was just alright. It was bitter.
Their cakes were to die for! The cakes change flavour from day to day depending on what they have. Today I had the baklava cake which had a lemon cream in the middle. It was addictive. I loved the lemon cream in the middle.

The macaroon was a bit too salty for my liking and it was too small.

The two ladies were lovely and down to earth.

Verdict: Definitely coming back for their big cakes. Not so much their coffees though, but would like to try a tea. And I would love to bring more students here.


Alice Nivens on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...