Friday, February 14, 2014

Me n roll

Me n Roll is a fusion Japanese place in Glenferrie near Swinburne. The owners had invited me to try but I paid for everything myself.

There was a coupon deal going, but I'm sure if its still going.  Still they took good care of me.

It was busy at lunchtime. There were heaps and heaps of Aussies in there; not sure whether this was a good sign.




Students get discounts- great



Love the cute board sign

Wow look at that sushi




But the food made up for it. They had a $10 lunch deal which consisted of udon, your choice of sushi. Oh and there's free miso soup which you can help yourself to. It is in a big urn where there is a little handle at the top which you have to spin a couple of times. If you are not sure, you can ask the friendly waitress to do it for you.

The miso soup is to die for. The same goes for the udon. But it would be great if they had the bean curd bags in them. Even better.

I loved the pickles. So addictive.

The pumpkin sushi was nice but it was a little too moist. Everything fell apart. It was sweet. It didn't need the purply sauce though. I think it would be great without.

I had Agedashi tofu ($7) which was in bite size pieces. I like the big tofu. If tofu have small pieces I tend to think it is frozen and from a Chinese shop. And there was no moving bonito and the shaved raddish. Worst tofu that I had.

I also bought iced tea ($4.50). What I didn't expect is nestea which I can buy in the shops. I would have loved homemade iced tea. Oh and they do have rice wine which is alcoholic ($10 for their speciality one).
Love the cute sign

Love the pictures of food

Love the map of where these Japanese food came from

Verdict: I would come back to try anything but the Melbourne roll. I would love to try the Okomiyaki and I hope that they will appear at many Japanese festivals in Melbourne
Me N Roll on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...