Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eat @Mister Close in Bourke st

This place is like Pearson's and Murphys in that it serves a range of great food. But the only thing that they don't serve is cakes! How annoying, but then they have just started and the waitress is really down to earth and friendly. They also do catering and lunch orders (click on the website below to check out their menu and contact hours)
It is next to Starbucks (in the Target Arcade in Bourke st). This place is much better than Starbucks.
I was really hungry and today I had one passionfruit, chocolate and nut muffin ($4.50) and a hot chocolate ($4). The hot chocolate was really small. I was expecting bigger than this. The muffins were also small. For $4.50 I was expecting much bigger than this. I saw that other people's meals were also small and they had to pay around $15-$20 for their meals.
Mister Close on Urbanspoon

The place and what its about

The interesting salt jar

My Hot chocolate

My muffin which was warm and slightly dry

The globe light. How cool is that?

The muffins tasted a little bit weird. It would have been better without the chocolate in it. I don't think chocolate and passionfruit mix together really nicely. It just has this strange taste.
The hot chocolate was ok though. I'd come back for the hot chocolate.
I think that this is only a cash only place
Link to: http://misterclose.com.au/

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting Mister Close. You found us on day 3. We had been batt;ing with not enough electricity supply on day 1 and for the first 2.5 weeks we have had no gas (in fact we got it today). So we had no desserts. I assure you now we have many coming out of the kitchen. So we would love to see you return and get your ;lips around our salted carame; slice, choc/espresso flourless cake, carrrot cakes, vegan choc chip cookies and so on.

    Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure. i'd love to pop by. and would you like to have an ad about your restaurant on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myself and Sally recently dined in mister close recently and were very pleased with the food and coffee. Best food we've had in quite some time. The thyme mushroom and goats cheese sandwich was delightful... the brown rice and pomoegranite salad was an explosion of textures and flavours, nicest salad I've had in quite some time! Go back and get some luch there, you won't be disappointed!
    Renee :-)

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...