Monday, December 9, 2013

Melbourne, Music and Me- an exhibition at RMIT

As part of Melbourne Music week, Mushroom a music company have decided to have an exhibition celebrating 40 years of music.

I was invited to take part in the opening by RMIT Link.





As soon I went in I was greeted by a giant horse and boxes full of flashy images.

Inside in one room there were all the posters that the Student Union had kept and donated. I couldn't believe how cheap gigs were in those days. I couldn't believe that they were as low at $8 in 1995. The ladies at the Student Union did such an amazing job archiving them.




 And then another room had all the lovely costumes. I couldn't take photos of them, but the gold dress reminded me of Dreamgirls (the movie) and was very eye catching. We weren't allowed to have pictures of any of them.

And then I was led to another hallway and another gallery. One where I could record my experience in music in a cute little cubicle. My experience at RMIT was just fine.


The festival goes on from now until the middle of February in RMIT's  gallery. Entry is free. Do go and check it out for a taste of Melbourne's music history and culture.

Thank you RMIT Link for inviting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...