Thursday, April 14, 2016

Singaporean Hawkers Market

Proudly featuring Yeo's products which is their sauces and drinks.

The Singaporean Hawkers Market was on between the 6th and the 9th of April and its aim was to bring a taste of Singapore to Melboune for all. There are many Singaporean students in Melbourne and this brought them a taste of home.

We paid $15 to attend this event at Rendezvous Hotel. Here it included one of Yeo's drinks and two dishes. You can choose two out of any five. Any more and you'll need to pay. The baba cha (Singapore soy dessert) was $5 extra.





There were quite a few people by the time I arrived.

You collect your drinks at the Travellers bar. From there you can select a can or one of their mocktails. I chose the watermelon mocktail to go with my chicken satay and my bee hoon. I could have chosen a milky drink but I heard that they were bad for you around your monthly periods.

I really loved the chicken satay. It was cooked well. Here it went well with the salad and I really liked too much of the peanut sauce.

So for the second one which is the bee hoon I decided not to have sauce. They put too much noodles in mine and not a lot of vegetables. But I still liked the al dente noodles and the vegetables were fresh which is good.

Many thanks to Rendezvous for this successful event

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...