Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hong Kong Dim Sum

The Internet and WI- FI went out AGAIN at RMIT????

So of of course I could not be fucked waiting and waiting for it to go back on. RMIT said that by 3pm it will be back.

What did I do? I went out for lunch in Glen Waverley and a bit of exploring. Here Glen Waverley is an Asian student's favourite cheap suburb. It is far from uni but it has all the cheap Asian food which is know to be great for foodie students like myself.



So that is how I found myself at Hong Kong Dim Sum. They do everything fresh on the premises. They are open from 9am-4pm and from 6pm-2am. They are cash only and they sell dim sum to take home and cook yourself everyday until 6pm.

There are no trolleys rather there are some friendly staff that are willing to serve you and all of which are happy to speak in Cantonese or English. You order on paper and you pay at the front.

Everything here is msgless and most of the lunchtime dim sum is priced from $1-$10 depending on what you buy. I love my cheong fun so I got a box for $4.50. This was from the bain marie. And then I order the prawn dumplings, vegetarian dumplings and custard bao all for $3.80 per plate. Here they were cooked freshly and no sauce was offered which was great as I hate having sauce on my dim sums. It takes away the natural flavour of them and they were already full of flavour.

Rating: 14/20- good dim sum. Am glad that there is no sauce to it. Well priced for people on a student budget.
Hong Kong Dim Sum Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...