Thursday, April 14, 2016

Tetsujin now opened in Emporium

This is a new Japanese fusion venture opened by David Loh of Rice Workshop. They were open for about two months before we tried it. It was the week in where we got paid by Weekend Notes and we were celebrating the pay and good articles. And an invite.

Here they have reasonably priced lunch specials and friendly service. But I did notice one waitress eating her own lunch of Woolies salad. I found that a little mind boggling. Most restaurants give employees free meals for every shift that they work. At Realfoods I used to have this sort of thing going.





They have two seperate sections- one for the BBQ and the other for the sushi train. I have no idea as to why I was ordered to sit in the BBQ area eventhough I was ordering a lunch special and not BBQ. Now my clothes smell of BBQ.

Here I had the $18.9 Salmon don special which comes with sashimi, salad, sushi, csalmon don and miso soup. The soup was great. I loved the little jellylike things in there. The sashimi was fresh but in my sashimi don, the fish was not deboned properly. One of the pieces had a bone in there. The sushi rice was good though and so was the salad. I really loved the subtle hints of dressing in there. They did not overdress it too much which is good as it brings out the flavour of the fish and the rice.
Sashimi don and miso soup

All the sushi on the train is $3.30. So I tried my usual favourites of egg (tamago) and inari. The inari was really small and they could have filled the beancurd sheet right up to the top. The tamago was really sweet and yum.

Rating: 15/20- I would love to try their BBQ one day as it did look like a lot of fun.
Tetsujin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...