Thursday, July 30, 2015

Darrell Lea cafe in Geelong

Darrell Lea is a sweet store which has been around for years. But in the last few years many stores in Melbourne's CBD shut up shop for good due to increasing rents and not enough customers. Oh and lets not forget the GFC.

But I was surprised that the store in Geelong stayed open for all this time. This store reminds me of my childhood days where I used to enjoy lots of sweets on the odd occasions. I remembered one such store in Melton.

This Darrell Lea was not too busy on a Wednesday afternoon during Taste festival. I would have thought that the promotion of free sweets would have got people in the door, but I guess not.

I enjoyed my green tea along with a Turkish Delight and a complimentary biscuit. All for $5.20 It was very relaxing in there sitting in a very comfy cushion. Nowadays in the city not many drinks have a complimentary sweet. You usually have to buy it.

Oh and you can buy lots of Australian made lollies to take home to your country as a soveneir. Many people love the Rocky road.

If ever you are in Geelong and you need a sweet break then do try out this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...