Saturday, June 23, 2012

Rolld wrapped in Freshness

Rolld had just opened six weeks ago and already they are busy as . Which is a great sign!
This is a really small shop in the heart of Melbourne CBD. It is hidden in a laneaway just off Bourke and William st. There is limited seating and no bathroom nearby.
Here at 11.30am when I came it was crowded. The workers were busy making the rice paper rolls, which the owner tells me that they sell out quickly.
The wait staff that served me was really polite and the food came out fast.

Here I sampled two rice paper rolls and bun bo hue and tea altogether for $15. I also had a small sample of salad and loved it except for there being too much vinegar. Bun bo hue is spring rolls with rice vermicelli a very popular Vietnamese dish
All the things were done freshly.

They are known for their banh mi and rice paper rolls. But seeing as today was a cold day I didn't feel like banh mi






















I loved the bun bo hue except it was a bit hard to eat without a spoon. I had to ask for it. I noticed that the phos where in a nice eat in bowl, why not my Bun bo hue? I loved the weird way that they do their spring rolls. I had no idea what this was at first but then I got it.

They only had cold tea. I wanted a warm one.  But they also had other drinks such as coconut and Yeo's drinks

I loved the rice paper rolls. Yummy and filling. I had the soft shell crab and the tofu one. I liked the tofu one better as it was more flavoursome than the crab one. The crab one was a little dry.

This is a lovely hidden gem in the city and not like the other crapola Viet places around the city. It reminds me of Footscray and richmond. Expensive but good. They should be open for dinner.
Roll'd on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...