Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wagaya

Wagaya has just arrived in Melbourne. It is a Sydney favourite with about 39 bloggers all raving on about the garlic fried rice and right they were. It is run by ACTUAL JAPANESE! Yay finally something decent.

Oh I just wished that they would take bookings as this place was packed to the brim and I had to wait ages for a table. It would be great if they joined up with Dimmi.

Oh well first world problems. But at least they had an iPad ordering system and the food came out fast. But it might not be great news for those that can't eat certain things. ie lactose intolerant. They don't have ingredients listed

The decor is simply stunning to look at. It reminds me of Japan where its cherry blossom season.

I was served by an actual Japanese waitress who took care of me. I even signed up for their membership which is simply just filling out a form and then earning points. Its like Fly buys or airline memberships where you earn points and if you earn enough points you can be rewarded.

The waitress was very friendly.

For drinks I had green tea ($2.50). Real Japanese Green tea. Yay.

For starters I had the egg omelette ($3.95). It was warm- in fact a little too warm for it to be on the sushi menu.

I also enjoyed their homemade miso soup ($1.50) which had vegetables inside it. Its not something that you see everyday so that was great

The most raved about dish: the eel garlic rice ($6), LOVED! It was very garlicky and addictive. But I didn't get the wasabi bit at the end. I forgot to take a photo of this. Sorry!

Oh and this place is cash only. Damm! I hope they do a Groupon soon to get more foot traffic in the door. A little birdy also told me that they are going to do lunch in July.

This is a great place for dinner and those that have very small appetites for dinner. Everything here except for the ramen and hot pot is small. I wanted to try the other tables Agedashi tofu and hotpot but I came too late.

Wagaya on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...