Friday, April 11, 2014

Ique Cafe and Salon by Claudia

Ique Cafe and Salon has been opened for about 16 months now and they have been rather quiet. Hence they decided to promote themselves via Living Social.

The place is in between two tram stops and Routes 1 and 8 service it regularly. It is about a ten minute tram ride from RMIT.
Cute clock

Menu

Cannoli

The place was quiet at 11am, except for one woman and her baby attending her hair appointment

The deal was $7 for one breakfast item and one coffee. I had a short black of course and the short black was really really good. It was not burnt and grainy like some other cafes. Rather this is strong and nutty in flavour. It is also a little bit acidic

I had the veggie roti wrap. Not only do I like vegetarian food, but I was interested in this sort of thing. The veggies were cooked nicely and I loved the feta crumble in this. It gave it that nice texture.

Still it would be nicer with chilli eggs in them.

I also had the homemade Cannoli ($3.50). Here you can choose between chocolate and nuts or just chocolate and your choice of custard. I had to pay extra for this as it wasn't included in the deal. I didn't mind though

Verdict: Who would have thought of a cafe in the same building as salon? No one, but it is a clever idea as people can have coffees and food whilst they are waiting for their appointments or friends.

I hope they will offer more than toast soon as a lot of people love yoghurt and muesli and fruit. I would love to hear what Fatboo, Consider the Sauce and other bloggers think of the place.
Ique Salon Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...