Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sushi Gallery by Katherine

Sushi Gallery is a new sushi shop in Prahran Market. They just opened last year.

Last Friday I received a $5 voucher to spend on anything I liked at the Market and so I did ( at the cheese class).




The Sushi Gallery really intrigued me for some time now and I kept on walking by it and not buying much.

So today I popped on by.

There was one sad looking lady out the front who didn't understand English. I know they are fairly new. She did not understand the "voucher system" at the market. It is cash only.

My guess is that she is an International student who is being underpaid.  The service was slow but at least she said it was a ten minute wait. My guess was that she did everything herself.

There is limited seating, hence most customers got takeaway. When I was there two or three other customers wanted something in a hurry and they were Caucasians.

I had two vegetarian sushi (@ $2.50 per handroll) and a kitsune udon ($7.90). They sometimes do have the $2 off the price of a hot meal special and this was one of their days.

The sushi was good- it was fresh.

But the kitsune was very disappointing. I paid $7.50 and had expected some seaweed, beancurd pouches, noodles and a little bit of kamaboko fish cake like in the picture.
The pouch was sweet and all good but the rest was a little bit bland. The noodles were overcooked though and there was only just a handful of them.

I'd only come back for the sushi and maybe to try the Vietnamese rice paper rolls. Oh and I might just buy some Japanese groceries whilst I'm here. Oh and they should employ a proper cook.
Sushi Gallery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...