Friday, March 14, 2014

Port Phillip Mussel festival

As part of the Melbourne Food and Wine festival series.

As part of the Melbourne Food and Wine festival, the City of Port Phillip with conjunction of the South Melbourne Market decided to have a mussel festival. Note this wasn't in previous years.
$5 mussels I bought which were chewy


Koy's mussel dish with rice for $5. It wasn't enough to feed me

Another mussel dish.

More cooking @ Koy. I quite enjoyed seeing this.

Curry fish balls being cooked. They were $3 a skewer

Wine tastings



Cooking mussels which smelt nice

I really wanted to try the homemade soda but I had to save some room for food at Moomba

A bucket of mussels costs around about $5-$8 and there are other things too such as wine and noodles and Asian snacks to munch on. Oh and there was sangaria to drink on this warm day

There was lots of live entertainment which I quite enjoyed. There was quite a bit of dancing but I was still eating by that time. But I loved seeing the dancing. It looked like lots of fun

Many thanks to the City of Port Phillip and I hope that this successful event will run again next year

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...