Saturday, July 13, 2013

Seoul House- $6.50 lunch

Today I went to Seoul House on Russell st in the city. The place is close to RMIT.

I have walked past it a few times, but it always looked so dark and dingy. I saw the $6.50 special and I was like "yes lets try this. It looks authentic".

Don't wear heels to the place as you'll have to climb up three flights of wooden and possibly unstable steps. There is no lift.

The service there was abmissal. There were no smiles and the waiter couldn't understand English. Perhaps they are International students who are underpaid?

Oh and its cash only. Bummer!










I had the $6.50 Vegetarian bibimbap lunch special

The place is a popular student eatery mainly for its $28 hotplate meals and $6.50 lunches with 4 types of banchan: potato (which looked very unappetizing), kimchi (loved it- very authentic), seaweed (loved as well) and bean shoots (which I thought it was unnecessary because I already got them with the veggie one)

Loved the miso soup which came with it.

The bibimbap on the other hand was a little undercooked and bland. I know its supposed to be vegetarian but it was just a tad bit bland. Luckily I mixed in the kimchi. The egg was alright. My meal came out in five minutes which made me think that it was cooked earlier and then microwaved. The seaweed was a bit irky in the bibimbap. The seaweed was undercooked.

The only highlight was that it did not have any msg to it.

There is only just a small possibility that I might just come back to try their $28 BBQ special as that did look like fun.
Seoul House Korean Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...