Saturday, December 15, 2012

Le Petit Gateau

Le Petit Gateau is a well known cake shop in the city. It is run by a French guy.
Their focus is mainly on cakes, sandwiches, pies and chocolates.

About 20+ bloggers raved on about this place and I can see why.

Here I sampled their green tea cake ($8.90) and to go with it I had a green tea ($3.50 per pot). They do have many specials one of them is a afternoon tea special of a drink and cake for $9. They alos have a breakfast special of a drink and pastry for $6.70.

You order and pay for your cake at the front counter.

There are no bathrooms in this small place. Instead it is around the corner (roadside toilets).

They are also featured in the Entertainment book.












They sell whole cakes as well as the small tiny individual cakes and where I sat I saw them at work.

The green tea was flavoursome. My guess is that it is gunpowder green tea flavour.

The cake was really creamy and rich. But it wasn't overly sweet for my liking.

I also bought two chocolates from them. One of them was mint green and the other was white chocolate. They were just ok, but they nearly melted in my hand.

Its a great place for everyone to visit. I strongly recommend thee to visit during the weekdays for your sweet tooth.
Le Petit Gateau on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Looks like they increased the price of their afternoon coffee and cake since last year. Still a great deal though, loved their brownie passionfruit gateau.

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...