Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bread Kingdom by Claudia

I chanced upon this place by accident whilst trying to find Mamak and finding out that they don't open until 11:30am in the morning. I wanted to try out their roti, but it seemed like they weren't ready. Sigh.

So instead I went to a place called Bread Kingdom next door. It happened to be a chain store and this is the third store that is opened.

It wasn't busy when I visited. There was only two other groups one of them were tourists visitng Melbourne.

It is places like these that you that you think that service is really bad at times. It was where the one waitress couldn't understand English, but the other one did. And they helped me with my inquiry about the made to order cakes that you can order. The smallest one is $15 and the largest one is $36.













There was also one waitress who ordered free samples of cake which I didn't mind. What I didn't know was that a free piece of cake comes with coffee. I had a long black ($3) and one green tea Swiss roll ($2) and a vegetarian bun ($2.20). The vegetarian bun seemed a little pricey for the size but it was filling. The bread was a little too sweet for a savory bun.

I loved the Swiss roll though -it was really moist and flavorsome. And I loved the cream in there.

The strawberry gateaux sample that was offered was a tad bit dry. Maybe it had been out for too long? Oh well can't complain, it was free after all.

I suggest that you check out this place soon and the other bread bakeries in Melbourne. There is one in Springvale and Glen Waverly. No need to feel homesick now.
Bread Kingdom on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...