Saturday, November 17, 2012

Lowlands by Katherine

Lowlands is a newish place in Thornbury. Why I say it is newish is because it has been there for about a year now, but they still have a lot to learn.

They are right on a tram line hence getting there is easy. Just hop on an 86 tram to Bundoora from the city and wella in 45 mins you are there.












When I went there it was fairly quiet. The guys that work there were lovely. And yes they do EFTPOS.

I loved the courtyard at the back. It was lovely and cosy. And I loved the table decorations of flowers.

They are organic hence everything is pricey.

I had the French Brioche toast with Mascarpone ($15.50). The mascarpone was a little melted from being on top of the hot toast; hence my toast was really soggy. Luckily the French Brioche toast was thick enough. But it was too salty for such a sweet breakfast.

There wasn't a whole lot of cherries but there was plenty of mint to go around. It was too minty for my liking.


The coffee from Small batch ($3) was good though. I have never had Small batch before so this is a first.

I would have loved it though if there was a Commonwealth bank nearby and a place to buy MYKI also nearby, instead of having to walk two blocks down to the nearest 7-11.
Lowlands on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...