Monday, November 7, 2011

A Foodies Day Out

Today I just got paid and decided to fulfill my day with foodie tales and adventures. So here's a list of places that I went to:
1) Richmond Hill Cafe and Larder- this place is located on the touristy strip known as Bridge Road Richmond. Here you can take any 48 or 75 tram from the city and get off at Epworth Hospital (Zone 1). From there it is a short one minute walk.
Here they sell yummy cheeses and other produce that are from local farms. There's heaps of cheese to choose from and they are stored in the cheese room on site. This place is known for its cheeses as you can see on the cheese board. Visitors can visit the cheese room. I visited and there are many pictures taken of it.
But they also sell jams, teas and other goodies.


















Richmond Hill Café and Larder on Urbanspoon

They were packed full of people this morning. They are ranked 67th place on urbanspoon.com and are featured in the Age Cafe guide. They also had an offer in my Entertainment book of 25% off or if dining alone 25% off the total bill.
I had a yummy salmon and eggs breakfast ($16.50) with added Meredith Goats cheese ($5.00). The Meredith Goats cheese is smooth and creamy. Yummm. But it could have been a bit colder. I loved the eggs and the toast though, although some chilli relish would be nice. The eggs were made freshly with the salmon in it. The sour cream melted but still was nice.
The short black ($3.50) tasted asiany. My guess is that they use a blend that has Asian and weak flavourings to it. It wasn't acidic, but this was good for me as I don't sleep well at night with stronger coffees.
With my entertainment card I got the drink and $3 off the Meredith goats cheese. Which was not bad, considering that I loved their food and recommend that all visitors to Melbourne visit here.

2) Thomas Dux Grocer- this is just a block and a half away from RHCL and is also a must try for all visitors to Melbourne. Here they have loads of samples for you to try before you buy and it is a foodies heaven! Here they have organic and non organic foods and I bought some of my favourite treats ; macaroons, cakes, Thomas chapman chips, reece chocolates, salads etc. (They all equaled to about $15.50)! I would have bought the biscuits but they didn't fit in my bag and I didn't have room in my tummy for them. Omomomomomom!!!








3) The weight watchers stand at Federation Square. They are a weight loss business designed to help people shed the kilos and teach them about healthy lifestyle and living.Here I managed to try some free fruit salad sample and this was the best canned fruit I ever had. No sugar or artificial flavours. Oh yeah and you know what I got to take home some free samples of chips and bars.





No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...