Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Satay Klub and MiHub at the Chinatown night market

The Chinatown night market is on every third Friday of the month. Normally it sees quite a fair few people down there but this Friday after 7:30pm it wasn't as busy.





This was good for me as I was able to sample some delights. There were some unusual things such as Gozleme. You don't see that at an Asian market. You also don't see Turkish delight there either. But the friendly guys at Choo La la were there. There used to be a Kombucha stall but it is not there.

Mihub and the Satay Klub have been there for a few of the night markets now and I was keen to try both. They both have kueh but I was not in the mood for dessert. From Mihub I had three curry puffs for $5 and they were so addictive. I really enjoyed the curry flavour which was pumpkin and very spicy.
Curry puffs

I have not had Mee Rebus before so I was keen on giving this a go. Mee Rebus is a Malaysian noodle dish which has lots and lots of sauce. Like Nasi Lemak it has egg and for $8 it filled me up.  It was really spicy as they had a lot of chillis. You can order this without meat but instead have it with tofu.

For both of these I had to wait a while for my food to be cooked. But that meant that I could wander around and also sample the dumplings which were great for 10 for $6.

Do come and visit the night markets and next time the Plus ones should come as it is up their alleyway. I know Brenton would love this sort of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...