Monday, January 9, 2012

Taiwan cafe

I have to agree with some of the things mentioned in Big Fil's post about the place. Whilst he and I didn't go there together we both had the same experience. Unlike him, I did not order drinks.
Taiwan cafe had been opened for about six months now and there were heaps of people by the time I came which was at 1:30pm. It was a good time that I came then as most of the lunch crowd cleared out. They are a hawker style cafe serving Taiwanese snacks and meals for under $11.
But it was all very cramped in there. It was really hard to move about. Whilst I liked the decor, I did not like elbowing the person on the next table by accident as all the tables were really crowded.
They got my order wrong, but I let it slip this time as they were flat out. I ordered a vegetarian rice vermicelli ($9.50) noodles but they gave me pork instead. I didn't mind eating pork, as I eat almost anything. I was hungry by the time the food got to the table.  I was going to order the bento boxes but they did not look appealing to me.













You can see the pork in here.

I also ordered a silver thread bun ($4), it being a popular snack in Taiwan. I really liked this. It was filling and big and I loved the sweet sauce. But this should have been served first, not last.
I put a bit of chilli oil on the noodles, but not a lot of chilli flavour. Instead it was a bit vinegary. I don't mind a little bit of blandness for the noodles but they should have put a little more sauce and vegetables in it and less noodles.  And some of the noodles were a bit burnt.
Now I can see why Big Fil and some of the other reviewers hated the place. Next time I'll only just come here for the snacks as the snacks do look appealing to me.
Taiwan Cafe on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Great write-up, I'm regular visitor of one's blog, maintain up the nice operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.
    Doggyride Novel Dog Bike Trailer

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...