Monday, November 7, 2011

Lux bite vs a coffee shop at Flinders st station

I really needed a coffee and sugar fix this morning. So I decided to go to two places and compare them.
1) Coffee @ Flinders st station.
Here this place was a buzz full of people all going to the races. So there was no seat anywhere and the place was pretty noisy. There were queues at the coffee place and the sandwich place. Here I got a not so good bhanh mi ($4.50) and a too sweet for me short black (which mind you was a wee bit weak and burnt- $3). The bhanh mi was not fresh and it had beetroot which I hate.

I did manage to score a free showbag though from the Metro style crew.








2) Lux bite @ Sth Yarra.
I went to this place by train and it took around 10 mins to get to South Yarra station (zone 1) and 8 mins to walk. Which by the way was really good exercise.
This place is the most talked about on urbanspoon.com. Here they have lovely eye catching desserts as well as coffees, breakfasts and lunch.
The server there was really friendly and was pleasant to chat to. Here they serve Toby Estate coffees and the best macaroons. I can't really fault them.
So here I had a lovely short black ($3.30), a densely thick chocolate cake ($6.50) and the best pandan macaroon ($2.75).
So to all newly arrived international students I recommend thee come here to get the best out of living in Melbourne.














LuxBite on Urbanspoon
The verdict: Lux bite of course!!!!!
Some other sights in Toorak road that I saw:

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...