Thursday, August 6, 2015

Table Lamp

Table Lamp is a modern Asian place which has been recommended to me by my friends and by 7 other bloggers. So I decided to give it a try using the $9 Living Social deal.

The place was hard to find as the entrance is on Sutherland street and it is above the China Spice restaurant.

Table Lamp reminds me of the Asian Beer Cafe known as Cho Gao because of its dark atmosphere. It is a cocktail bar. There was one table of 12 who all got here before me and they got their meals after mine.

The staff were very friendly and eager to please.

I had the Chiang Mai noodles and paid an extra $7 for tofu and sweet chilli onion jam. Yum. I also paid for more noodles which was found at the bottom of my tofu dish.

The Chiang Mai noodles were really spicy and I enjoyed it. But it didn't have fresh calamari as it was too chewy for me. I loved the hokkein noodles and the fried noodles on top. The fried noodles on top gave it that extra crunch. For a $14 lunch dish I would have loved a little bit more seafood and noodles to balance out the soup.

The tofu was fresh and the jam had a lot of sweet chilli to it and not much onion. It also had some nuts in there.


Rating: 14/20- highly recommended that you buy the Scoopon. And do come by for dinner as I have heard that they do excellent drinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...