Friday, April 10, 2015

Europa Cake Shop

Europa Cake shop is on Acland St in St Kilda and on a school holiday Tuesday there should be heaps of people at this place. Now I wondered why the place was so empty only with a few just wanting takeaway coffees and cakes.

With so many cake shops in St Kilda I wondered if the French vanilla slice ($7.50 per piece). That and green tea ($3.50 per pot). The cakes on display look interesting but do they taste that way?

The older woman that served me had a really sour look on her face. That is a no no. She might be the manager. One girl came to drop off her resume and she was asked about her coffee making skills. The girl said no and was immediately rejected.

The other two staff were really friendly though and they were happy to serve me and other people.

The shop is supposed to be good at making cakes everyday. But my French Vanilla slice seemed like it was storebought. The pastry was so hard to cut through even with a steel knife. It was also sickly sweet from all that jam. The one at Monarch was really good though. They managed to have this really nice creamy texture and they make their own stuff.

But not this one. This ones cream was really artificial and after a few bites I didn't finish it.

The tea came in a small pot and was just ok

Rating: 9/20- meh never again. If I had to choose I would have chosen Monarch like all the other customers have.
Europa Cake Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...