Friday, April 10, 2015

Il Nostro Posto


Il Nostro Posto is in Hardware Lane in the city. Hardware Lane really reminds me of a Parisian street with the nightlights and the outside dining.

Course I wanted inside on this cold and windy day. And inside was nice and cozy and I enjoyed the Italian paintings on the wall.

Here I had the seafood marinara for $14.75 (Normally it is about $29.50 but because I had the entertainment book voucher I got it for half price). It was presented to me in paper and with a bowl on a plate. I like this presentation as it is very rustic. The chef cooks the pasta and the seafood in a frying pan and then lays the paper out onto the plate and puts the pasta in there.

Although it looked really small, it was moreish for someone who does not eat much after 7:30pm. In fact there was the bread and the bread and the olive oil was really nice.
Bread

Olive oil

Lets talk about the actual dish shall we? The pasta was aldente but I think the seafood was a little bit overcooked. The prawns were nicely deveined and the mussels were fresh. I think there was a little bit too much tomato sauce in the marinara. I would have liked more pasta and less sauce. Also all that sauce drowned out the flavour of the cheese.

Rating: 13/20 more pasta please as we are paying a lot for a tiny plate. The other people's plates looked seriously good and I loved the look of the zucca.

Il Nostro Posto on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...