Wednesday, February 18, 2015

How to love yourself

As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015

As International students it is hard to adjust to life in a new place. This is Sally's story about adjusting to life down under

This is a valentines love post.
Accepting yourself for who you are is really important. As new International students coming from a different country the high expectations of getting good grades and adjusting to a new country can make you feel stressed out. In reality no one is perfect and you have to love yourself for who you are.

Your values and outlook on life may change whilst you are living in Australia. Moving to a different country from another changed my perspective on life. I learned to make friends from different walks of life and that made me look at myself from a different side.

I really learned that grades are not everything. To my parents living in China and every other Chinese/Asian International students grades are everything to the parents. If I failed something in China my parents would spank me. In Australia I learned that my friends parents loved them and accepted them for who they are not their grades. This was from the local, Australian friends.

Aaliyah said "If at first you don't succeed, just pick yourself and try again", its very true. Grades are not everything, they are just a tiny part of you, its whether you can be happy and adjust to life Down under well.

Living down under is about rediscovering yourself and who you are. As someone once said to me it is not about the grades but its about find your true self and loving thy self

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...