Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Mr Kitchen

Mr Kitchen has one store in the city and the other in Box Hill. I went to the city one of course .


Mr Kitchen is a Chinese Vietnamese place which sells street snacks. Think Bings and Congee, but the city one does skewers and hotpots.
Stuff for the hotpot


They are mainly a take away place but they do have some seating for their patrons.

I went on a few visits. The first one I just went for morning tea/late breakfast of Jian Bing and Chinese donut ($6). It was eggy a little more than Bing Boy but still good. They put spring onions and herbs in this and then they brush on the soy sauce. You can watch them make the crepes from the outside and they make it when you order it.

It was so hot when I got it, but delicious. The second time around I went for the congee and the skewers. The congee was $5.50 and fed me but it was bland. I would have expected a little bit of salt or vinegar which is offered at the place. But the fish and tofu skewers were damm fine. No hold that... GREAT!!!!!
ceiling- I love the colours

Menu with the bad spelling


With congee there are a few flavours to choose from in the display and when you order it they will put it in a takeaway bowl even for eat in customers.

The congee was a little watery at times and gluggy at times.

I might only just come back for their Jian Bings, donuts and skewers
Mr Kitchen Swanston Street on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...