Friday, October 24, 2014

Pomodoro Sardo taste of Sardina

RNIS was invited by Liven to review the place.

Pomodoro Sardo taste of Sardina is a little Italian gem in the heart of the city. It is on Lonsdale st near Parliament station. Traffic was building around there and so my lady friend took the train in. I think they opened sometime last year.  I had booked the place on Dimmi. It is small but can seat a few people. It was 50% off the total bill.

Just recently I read about it on Foodscrazy blog and they had a lovely time. I thought "well I have to give this a try".

Pomodoro on a Wednesday night was not busy and the service was very friendly. The owner knows the people that work at Liven. In fact they get along well. On the night, the owner was overseas.

The waiter was also happy to assist the table right next to us with their choices. They admired our food as it was so pretty.

To start off with I had a blood orange true Italian drink. I loved it.

There was also complimentary bread which I really enjoyed. Here we had the thin crackers which I enjoyed and the pizza bread.

For mains though I had a linguini marinara with a pizza base on top ($29). Who would have thought that there would be a pizza base on top. The pasta was aldente and the seafood wasn't too bad. I was more than contented afterwards as the serving was huge. The lady with whom I dined with had marinara with semolina (some sort of grain I think). Instead of the pizza base on top she got the crackers on the side. The waiter was also happy to give her lots of cheese. I think she really enjoyed it.

I would love to come here again for a lovely little Italian dinner right in the heart of the city. If only more people knew about this place and if there were not so many negative reviews online of this little gem.

Rating: 18/20- luvelylicious
Pomodoro Sardo .... Taste of Sardinia on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...