Friday, October 24, 2014

The Kettle Black

The Kettle Black is the new kid on the block. It was opened last year, but the first time I actually heard of it was at last nights RMT Greening dinner where it is sustainable. Jesse Mctavish (the head of Kettle black) talked about it and he was very nice guy. They actually compost their waste into one of the little composters.






Today I saw a tiny glimpse of him in the kitchen working hard. The other staff were the same, working very hard.

The Kettle black is outside the Shrine of Remembrance and outside a tram stop. It is in zone 1.

Yes they're expensive but all their produce and ingredients are organic and homemade. On urbanspoon there are so many pretentious reviews and all the negativity.

On a sunny day it is a nice place to relax and as a dog lover I gave a black little puppy lots of pats and he was happy.

I loved my little sugar coated goodness (two treats one $5.80 and other one $6). The lady sitting across from me had these gorgeous hotcakes but she left half of it on her plate . I don't think she liked it, but I loved the look of it. It was $16.
The crumble close up as it looks so pretty


They use Small Batch and Seven seeds coffee and now I am loving having a filtered coffee rather than my flat white. It was $3.50 but it smelt like medicine and tasted acidic. Magic I thought.

I would love to come back to try their chilli eggs. Only I couldn't today. Guys keep up the good work and don't let the negativity on Urbanspoon get you down.
The Kettle Black on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...