Friday, October 24, 2014

I love dumplings

I Love Dumplings is on A'Beckett st in the city. They had a Scoopon for $5 for 15 dumplings. I wasn't going to buy it until I heard some positive things about the place. Also a friend didn't want theirs so I bought it and off I went.

I love dumplings was busy on a Friday night so it is best to get there early. There were many Causacians and some Asians also there. I thought that this was a bad sign.

There was one lady wondering around not knowing what to do or where things went. Orders were flying out of that kitchen with a bell but she didn't know whose plate is whose.

The bathrooms were out the back and were just ok.

But the manager was friendly, fast and efficient. They had just opened a few months ago so they are still adding new things to their menu such as the spring onion pancake. In their old menu there was no such thing. The spring onion pancake was $4.80 and the spring rolls were $4.50. I didn't like the vegetarian rolls as they tasted quite meaty. But I did like the spring onion pancake as it was doughy and fluffy. I would have liked more of this having seen this in other Chinese stores. I was expecting a lot bigger for that price.

Same as the vegetarian dumplings although they did look cute in a small bowl. It was panfried but I would have expected bigger sizes. I saw the other Groupon diners plates and they looked huge. I loved the mixture though as it was freshly made. I also loved the chilli sauce but I couldn't have a lot of this.

13/20- Give them some more time to settle down and I hope that other bloggers like Sweet and Sour Fork come and visit the place soon as I know that Ming is a huge dumpling fan. So are Eat and be Merry.

I hope that they sort out these teething problems soon
I Love Dumplings on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...