Saturday, July 14, 2012

Coconut house


I went to Coconut house after I saw many reivews on the place and that 700+ people liked it on Urbanspoon.
It is on Elizabeth st just 1 block away fron the SAb building. Now I wonder why RMIT needs to have so many cafes in their building when there is so many cafes just nearby. RMIT could have used this space to put a student union, a library and another bookshop there.
There was virtaully no service and no people having just been opened. You had to go up and order at the counter and pay by cash. And they were just cleaning up. What the? They should have done this and then opened. I went at around 11.30am and saw the glistening chicken and smelt the food of malaysia. The food came fast.









Chicken was a bit overcooked and they drowned it out in way too much sauce so it was salty. There wasn't much cucumber but there was fresh parsley on it which I loved.
The rice was really salty, lukewarm and had a few chicken hairs in it.
I loved the soup. The chicken soup was lovely. I loved the spring onions they added to the texture of the soup.
The cendol had way too much big blocks of ice in it. I would have liked to have the ice shaved like it was done at the Indonesian street festival at the market.
Altogether $11.20.

Overall I'd only come back for the laksa and the teh tarik which they claim is really good.
Coconut House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...