Friday, September 5, 2014

La Luna Bistro

RNIS was invited to dine at La Luna Bistro by Dimmi

La Luna Bistro is in Carlton and its a few doors up from the Carlton baths ( going towards Brunswick) It is also around the corner from Princes st tram stop.

One Sunday when I was at the baths and Jom Lepak I saw this place and wanted to try. When Dimmi asked us I thought well great. So I booked it for 12pm on a quiet Wednesday which was sunny but cold.

La Luna is surrounded by the lovely plants and houses in Carlton which remind me of the country. Inside it is country like and there is an open kitchen. It is run by Adrian Richardson of Masterchef.

A lot of locals love to visit the place. The place is known for good and hearty Italian fare and steak and the friendly waitress who wore a cute denim apron. She was so down to earth. But the service was rather slow and the wait between the entree and mains was long.

A close up shot of my oyster- IT WAS JUST THAT GOOD!


I had to have their oyster. At $4.50 it was a bit steep for a small oyster. I was expecting bigger but I loved the salt and the onion garnish.

For drink whilst most people had wine I had a blood orange juice ($4.50). It was the only non alcoholic drink besides the soft drink that they could recommend. It was refreshing and lovely for a summers day.

The tasting plate ($16 for half) was really good and the chefs had put a lot of work into this. There were quite few different salamis and ham as well lovely crispbreads. I loved the onion and the capisicum.
Crispbread to go with the meat

The gnocchi which some people may think its too small for $25 was moreish. The gnocchi was handmade and they used fresh cheeses. The only downside is the garlic. They put too much of that in there.
Gnocchi

Bread with extra virgin olive oil

The bread was great too. It was warm and fresh.

I'd love to come back and try the steak. Now I see why the locals love it.

Rating: 17/20- A long and leisurely lunch.
La Luna Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...