Friday, September 5, 2014

Italy 1 at Camberwell

Italy 1 at Camberwell has been around for a long time and they have a few awards including the one from the Entertainment book..

It was here I decided to have lunch and knowing that I had to use up the 25% off offer in the book.

Italy 1 is easily accessible by tram and train- no need for the bottleneck traffic on Burke Rd and the crazy drivers. One woman was nearly knocked over whilst she was crossing. No reason for Italy 1 to be quiet. They were ever so quiet on a Friday lunchtime.

I wasn't very familiar with that area, so I got lost finding it. BUt in the end I found it. I booked the restaurant via Dimmi, knowing that they may not accept walk ins.

The service was attentitive and very friendly and they were accommodating of me and a family. I had the $35 lunch express menu which includes wine, but since I don't drink they happily replaced it with juice. That family they were happy to provide a bowl for the little one.
Orange Juice

Complimentary bread

The bathrooms are down the back and their signs are in the form of nude artwork: one for the ladies and the other for the lads. I didn't know which is which until I saw the artwork.

The entree of bruschetta was brilliant. Everything worked well together and it was a little bit on the sweet site. I thought that they put a touch of honey in there.

Again the risotto was magic. But the calamari was a little bit on the chewy side though. I think it was just a tad bit overcooked. But I loved the shoots and the tomatoes and the flavour was just right.

I hope they get more foot traffic and bloggers soon. Lets Get Fat together would like this with his partner Fatbee and same for Ashley of I'm so Hungree. I hope they do host a series of dinners soon to get people to come to their place. Its not right that a gem in Camberwell should be so quiet.

 
Italy 1 at Camberwell on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...