Friday, August 15, 2014

Hakata Gensuke


RNIS was invited to dine there by the owner on their soft opening day.

Hakata Gensuke is around the corner from the Couch on Russell st and is run by the Japanese. The owner is a lovely Japanese lady. Service was friendly with a smile.

The kitchen is rather homely and open which means that you can see what they are doing in there.  The bathrooms are out the back

Hakata is a Japanese ramen which is handmade. On Facebook they showed many pictures of the handmade ramen. Here I had their signature tonkatsu ramen which had a very meaty broth. But it took a while for it to be made. They hadn't finalized the menu yet so no prices as such.
Free tea

In the broth I added some pickled ginger and veg and it added a very different but lovely dimension. It had a bit more tang and flavour.

The noodles were just right. There were three types of ramen, soft, normal or hard. I went for the normal.

You can opt for lots of spring onions or without.

People around me ordered gyoza but I just didn't have the appetite. I wanted Agedashi tofu, DAMM IT!

For the drink I had a Japanese iced tea.

I heard that they may be doing an Instagram competition soon so keep your eyes peeled. Do pop down and visit them when they are opened.
Hakata Gensuke Ramen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...