Friday, June 27, 2014

Sunny Nguyen Bakery by Claudia

Sunny Nguyen Bakery is in Footscray, across the road from the station. It is a very cheap eat.

Here they sell loaves of yesterday's bread for $1 a bag which is a bargain for uni students.

I wasn't frightened by the old lady that served me. Everyone calls her dragon lady, but she isn't that bad. Really. But however she did have poor English. On the second visit a different lady hassled me to pay and I said "Just give me a minute". I was looking for my purse to pay and she kept on hassling me. As if I was going to steal ur bread. Jesus! Give me a break

I don't believe all the negative reviews on Urbanspoon because I bought a salad roll for $3 and it was fresh. I loved the hints of chilli in this. One thing that I would have liked was the carrots to be a bit more spread out. And I didn't opt for the butter as I like my rolls without butter. I'm sorry I have forgotten to take a photo of this as I was too hungry.
Some other things on sale such as fried rice.

The bread itself was soft and fresh.

And then the other day I bought a bag of yesterday's bread for $1. It was a little bit stale but it would still be alright if you toast it.

I'm not too sure about what the fuss was about on Urbanspoon. Yes the place may be a bit old and dingy but still...

Do visit it for yourself.
Sunny Nguyen Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...