Friday, April 11, 2014

Sataybar by Claudia

Sataybar is near the building where I used to work in the city. And it was pretty cheap then.

They have featured a few times in the Meld's little book of discounts and other things. And they have quite a few reviews about them. Good ones I mean.

The exterior

So when I saw the deal pop up on Living Social for $6 (large meal and drink), I thought why not?  It comes with three sides and three satay sticks of your choice. They cater for vegetarians and meat lovers alike. Most things on the menu is gluten free (well except for the chips)

The guy was very friendly.
Happy hour to end the week

When I went in there at 3pm to pickup my large satay dinner (they close at 5pm and I have a night shift) it was really quiet.

Being healthy I opted for the bottle of green tea, rather than soft drink. This green tea was rather sugary.

The meal was large.

The crackers were salty. I think it is called Aachaar but I have never had them before. They are so addictive.

The salad was way too vinegary and the brown rice was a little bit mushy with all that sauce on top which was rather heavy. But I did enjoy the satay sticks. The vegetables were nicely cooked and were very fresh.

Verdict: I'd like to try the tofu sticks next time. Pity they ran out at 3pm that day. And I would like to see a Sataybar opened right across the road to RMIT other than the KFC that is across the road. The KFC across the road doesn't do much for the vegetarians at RMIT.
Sataybar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...