Friday, April 11, 2014

Oko Oko


They are a Japanese place which specializes in Okomiyaki (Japanese pancakes with Cabbage, corn, flour and other things). They are outside Hotel Rydges and a stone's throw away from Melbourne Uni. If you are going from RMIT it might be quite far to walk.

When I heard that Oko Oko had a Groupon I was willing to try this place. The Groupon was $7 for your choice of Okomiyaki and drink.
Interesting light



The recommendations for people that don't know what to order

The definition of Okomiyaki

Meniu

Condiments which I didn't need as the pancake was flavoursome

They cater for uni students too and the prices are quite affordable. They offer 15% off the total bill for uni students.

The bathrooms are clean.

The atmosphere reminds me of Big Mama which is warm and very inviting.

The service was pleasant, but not overly so.

The pancake may seem small but it was enjoyable. It was very filling. The noodles are down the bottom. The vegetables were quite fresh and not overcooked. Moreover I was allowed to take my time with this dish.

Verdict: I would love to return to try their seafood pancakes and I hope that more bloggers do too. I heard news that there is another store in Chadstone, but they said it was more like fine dining
Oko Oko Carlton on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...