Saturday, July 14, 2012

Miss Chu

Miss Chu is a little tuckshop cafe right on Exhibition st in the city. It is run by Vietnamese and the chain started in Sydney. They are the queen of rice paper rolls in Melbourne.
It's famous for its rice paper rolls or so I read from fellow bloggers.
There were mixed reviews about this place but positive things about their rolls.
Its like a school canteen; you place your order on paper and then you order.
I really did not like the Aussie guy manning the front counter. He was really crappy and refused to smile. In fact he recommended that I get the most expensive rolls for $13 a pop. But the vietnamese ladies were lovely serving me fast.
I love the bar style fit out of the place and the bicycle at the front advertising the place. Maybe some people don't read signs so they cannot find the place.
I could see the kitchen from where I'm sitting and loved that they put fresh ingredients in my rice paper rolls. I could see that the kitchen was organised.











I didn't order pho like some other people did, because I was in the mood for rice paper rolls and dumplings and not much else. But I did order tea ($3.00 comes in a big pot), Peking duck pancake ($3.50 for ONE PIECE, WTF for such a small piece!!!), Vegetarian bun ($2.50 for ONE PIECE!!!) and $7.50 for two tiger prawn rolls which were fresh. I can get these outside for $8 for a box of three.
But the fresh ingredients and the fact that it was lovely, organic and moist made up for it. I didn't really fancy the bun nor the pancake when it came to the table. In fact it was a little soggy and the bun was tasteless.
I don't mind coming back only just to try the Vietnamese noodles with beef and coconut juice. They looked really nice on the table right next to me. But the soups are pricey for $13 per bowl, which makes me just want to stick with the rice paper rolls.
N.B if you order some catering it comes late and the serves are small for the price you paid
MissChu on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. lol dude you sound ridiculously cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :). we are students after all and food there was expensive.
    I didn't expect to pay lots for such small servings

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...