Sunday, December 1, 2013

Night noodle markets

As part of Good Food Month

The night noodle markets were really popular in Sydney. They have been around for many years, but this is the first time that Melbourne has had one. These were held in Alexandra gardens from the 18/11/2013-30/11/2013. It was free entry for all and lots of people brought their animals out to play.



















I visited it twice just to try out everything.

I did not mind pushing in as I had so many photos to take. But then again I was there early. It was a frenzy just after 6pm.

There were 25 stalls in all.

On the first night I had:
Pad thai- $10 from Le Bangkok. It was vegetarian. It was ok.
Momo- $6 from a stall which I can't remember the name of . They weren't that nice anyway.
Nai Wong Bao- $4 from Wonderbao. Oh why oh why does it have to be that expensive! Nice but I remembered buying these at Wonderbao for just under $2
Dumplings from Let's Do Yum Cha for $12.50 ( one pork bun and five prawn and chive dumplings). They are a truck that services inner Melbourne.

On the second night I had definately tried dessert ($8 for 12 pancakes)
Char Kuey Teow- $10- this was very good and it was from Sambal Kampung. You might remember the one in Edgewater Square. I had similiar expectations for this.
Rice paper rolls-$6- this one was meh for my liking. I bought it at Thanh phong
Mini naan - $3. It was ok, but a bit small for the price paid. In the normal places naan is about $1-$2 each and they are a lot bigger.

This time I went with someone and they didn't really like the Indian food, but their lumpia was ok.
There was a bar area where patrons can buy wines to enjoy with their food but the queue was ridiculously long.
 


The queues at the Citibank ATM was ridiculously long. Most stalls accept cash only.

I had a lot of fun at the Night Noodle Markets and I hope that they will return next year with bigger and better stuff and a better way to handle the queues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...