Sunday, November 17, 2013

Verve Spice by Katherine

Verve Spice is a new cafe in Toorak road. It is about a stone's throw away from Tivoli bakery. It is a five minute walk from South Yarra station which is great for those that study in the city and want to get away.

I was invited by Dan from Verve Spice to try the place. It had been opened for about a month.

It is run by three people: two guys and one lady.

The cafe is very kid friendly. The owner has one child. 

The setting was nice and very relaxing. It reminded me of France.





Because it was after 11am I had a latte.  It was presented beautifully and it had that beautiful crema and artwork on top.

They do takeaways as well as eat ins. Quite a few people got takeaway coffees whilst I was there.

Everything here is homemade. They sell some of their homemade stuff such as jams, museli etc for people to take home.

Here I sampled some lovely egg omelette with sumac (a Turkish spice) and eggplant and polenta chips with aioli. These were the best that I have ever had. It was crispy and not too oily which I love. It also is great for the health conscious.

The egg omelette was very fluffy and they took a lot of time and effort into making such a great one. They put heaps of parsley and tomatoes in there which was great. And I also loved the chorizo sausage.

They have vegetarian options as well for those that don't like to eat meat, such as vegetarian ragu and freshly made salads.

The cafe is a great place to relax in on a miserable wet day.

I'd come back to try their crepes and salads as they did look good. A couple of people really wanted them.

Many thanks to Verve Spice for inviting me and having me! I hope many other bloggers will come by and try the place.
Verve Spice on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...