Saturday, August 4, 2012

squisito bar

I went in there looking for a cheapie lunch deal and here i found it in Squisito bar. This is mainly supposed to be a wine bar but they do meals as well. It is Italian place right in the heart of QV. But they do happy hour on Wednesdays
There was wine and customers and my server knew her customers well

Here I chose the $12 lunch deal which is takeaway. It included a sandwich, two fruit, muffin and water . The muffin looked a little big for my liking. It looked like it was mass produced.







the bread was a little chewy from overcooked and almostr burnt. too much cheese and not  enough tapenade in there. The pumpkin too was a little hard for my liking. Therewasn't a lot of veggies in there and with all that cheese it tasted a little bland. It tastes a little like airplane food. The fruit was alright. It looked a little bit mouldy on the skin but inside was fine. But it tasted like the ones that you buy from the supermarket.
With $12 I could have bought a whole lot more from the supermarket and made all of that myself. But I did like the design of the box- its cute and kitchy. And I loved the loyalty card that I got where you had to stick the sticker on yourself. It was fun doing that. I think I'd only come back for the coffees which everyone seems to like.
Squisito Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. There are two business in the same place. Squisito works from 7 to 4pm. Wine Lane opens up from Wednesday to Friday, 5-11pm, it is a different business all together, it is a cheese and wine bar. The happy hour you were referring on Wednesdays was actually for Wine Lane, not Squisito

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I had no idea as all the wine bottles were in the same place. why operate two businesses in the same place. Illogical

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...