Saturday, April 27, 2013

Famish'd

Famish'd is a salad place which has been around for about two years now.

About 13 other bloggers including Eat and be Merry and Sweet and Sour fork had raved about it. It got some very positive reviews hence that's why I wanted to check it out.

I signed up for their VIP membership which entitled me to a free lunch. But I also bought a long black coffee ($3.50 and it comes with a free sweet).





















Normally I'd pay about $11 for a big bowl of salad and bread which filled me up very easily. With the salad you can choose any five-seven toppings and your choice of sourdough or mixed grain. You can choose your dressing. The wait staff are happy to let you have samples before you choose if you need help deciding.

They also have soup and potatoes as well. And they have their soup and salad combo but the free lunch didn't include this option. I could only choose one thing.

I chose pasta, artichokes, lettuce, eggs, cucumbers, Spanish onions and mushrooms. For the dressing I chose the balsamic.
The salad itself was a little bland, but I added just a tiny bit of Tabasco (American chilli sauce) and it was just right.
The pasta was cooked perfectly with the lovely pesto in it. That is what attracted me to choose this one.

The coffee beans are from St Ali, hence this is why my coffee was really stellar. It was strong in flavour and very acidic. I really loved the sweet that came with it. I was going to order other sweets but when I saw this I was like "will order them next time".

I recommend thee to try as it is not far from RMIT in the city. In fact it only takes about five minutes to get there. And if you'd like a free lunch sign up here. I'd be happy to come back and try one of their lunches for real. Thanks Famish'd you made my day.
Famish'd on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...