Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Cupcake Queens by Katherine

The Cupcake Queens is a cupcake franchise which started in Williamstown. I had heard that it is quite successful there.

When I saw on Urbanspoon that the place had started another shop in Moonee Ponds I had wanted to give it a try.

I had been so caught up at work so when a free moment came I jumped at the chance of visiting.

Here they are in Moonee Ponds hidden away in Hall st. I had trouble finding it at first but when I did it was all good. It is just around the corner from the Moonee Ponds Central. They don't have any bathrooms inside as it is such as small space but you just hop across the road into Moonee Ponds Central and use theirs.







The cafe is kid friendly. They have crayons and things for the kids to use. They do just coffees, drinks and cupcakes. You can buy a mini for $2 and a large for $3.50. Or you can do I did which was buy a regular cake and coffee for $6.

They also do cake orders online and in store.

I had the ever so popular lemon cupcake. I knew I just had to have that one when I saw it as it looked so pretty.  It was moist, dense and a little crumbly and not too sweet.

On this grey day I also bought a mocha. It was just ok.

Next time when I come I'll have to order four big cakes as they were just that good. I'm also hoping that Bureaucrat from the eatandbemerry team also try out that place as she has a sweet tooth.
The Cupcake Queens on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...