Saturday, September 29, 2012

Chillipadi by Katherine

Chillipadi Mamak Kopitiam is a place that has been blogged about by many bloggers. It is in Flemington just a short tram ride away from the show grounds.
It is actually opened at 12pm and not 11.30am as previously mentioned on their website. So my friend and I sat around waiting. But the waitress was kind enough to ask us about drinks and tell us that food won't be ready. But that's ok we were still looking and deciding on the food and smelling all the lovely aromas from the kitchen.











The table rocks when I write on it or eat on it. It is wooden and so is the chair. They have huge communual tables and they cater well for kids.
They have a $9.90 weekday lunch special with a free drink. But it was weekend so the drink was not free. And they do have mud crab nights every Fri and Saturday nights but you have to book in advance.
I had pulled tea ($3.90 each) and a Mi Goreng ($10.9 with no calamari). I wanted no calamari because sometimes the ones that restaurants give me is really tough and over cooked and I can't eat calamari anyway. The mi goreng had too many chicken pieces (some of it was grizzly) in it and not enough wok hei to it. It was a bit cold in places and it didn't have enough spiciness to it. Perhaps they made this mainly for Australian people not so much Malaysians?
The pulled tea tastes like Chai tea with that milkiness to it which the Malaysians will love. I can taste just a tad bit of honey in this
My friend got the Char Hor Fun ($10.9) and a Ribena drink with Lychee ($4.50). I had this last time and it was good. The Char Hor Fun although I didn't get to try looked a bit overcooked. But my friend did enjoy this. She couldn't finish this as there was a lot in there
I really did enjoy the roti though ($4.50 but if you order crab I heard that it came free). This was done like the way that it was shown to me at the Queen Victoria Market's Indonesian day. This was the star of the day with enough doughiness to it.
Chillipadi Mamak Kopitiam on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...