Monday, November 7, 2011

Dessert @ Royal arcade

I went to have dessert at Royal arcade. I wanted to try out the Koko black chocolates and the new macaroon stand outside Koko Black. I can say positive things about both of these.
Koko black is a chocolatier shop, meaning that they sell heaps of handmade chocolates. Here their chocolates are really quality hand made, not just like the ones at Max Brenner where they are made out of a factory. Here you can see the chocolatier making their chocolates. This is why people come in to buy their chocolates. This is one popular place with the locals and the tourists. Even though they said "no photos", heaps of people including myself managed to sneak the pictures in. We wanted to take the pictures because the desserts were so decadent and cute.
I had a junior sampler plate  ($7.20) consisting of a hand made lollypop stick which I then changed it for a heart chocolate, mango sorbet and passionfruit jelly. The passionfruit jelly tasted more like jelly babies, but I did like the flavour. The mango sorbet had a nice tang to it and the chocolate was nicely done. The ladies on the next table eyed my plate in admiration. They said it was quite cute, which it was. It was very attractive to the palate.
Next time I'll have to share a tasting plate and a few ice cream mocktails with Big Fil, Snooze etc from Eat and be merry as I know they love desserts and chocolates.
















Next up I went to a macaroon place which Momo and Coco recommended on Urbanspoon. Here their macaroons are similar to La Belle Miette. This place has been open for three months and they are quite steady.
The vanilla macaroon ($2.90) was really moist and not dry like the others that I have tried so far in Melbourne
Thanks to Momo and Coco for recommending this place to me on Urbanspoon.com
Koko Black on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...