Thursday, November 10, 2016

City Orchards Garden

City Orchards Garden has been around for a little while but then they started to do dumpling and snack deals which aa_dancefit on Instagram said was quite good. He enjoyed the food and all. You have to book the table and I got to say that Tuesday at around 7:30pm they were not busy.

I have to disagree with aadancefit though- I didn't really enjoy the food as much as he did. The snack set comes with tea egg, 2 spring rolls, one big BBQ pork bun (you don't normally buy them in Footscray like this), chicken skewer, fried rice, four prawn and pork wontons, one supposedly homemade dumpling, chicken and corn soup and vegetables. The drinks are not included and tea was not on offer- I wished that it was.
Beer


Spring rolls




This all you can eat is $19.90 and it is like a yum cha where they come around and serve you the food. But I didn't want seconds. I bought a Tsingtao beer to go with all my foods. But somehow it worked best with the wontons, the homemade dumpling, the tea egg and the skewer

The homemade dumpling fell apart- it was the frozen sort. I would have expected it to be the fresh sort. The chicken skewer was nice but it had too much spice to it which overpowered it by a lot.

tea egg and wontons
I really enjoyed the wontons and the tea egg. Although I have to admit I hated taking the shells off- it was so messy. The wontons were good though. The fried rice was just ok but it was too much for one person.

rice
The BBQ pork bun was really nice though. It had some nice filling in there. The vegetables however were the frozen sort. I would have liked this with a bit of oyster sauce in there. But the chicken and corn soup was not too bad.

Rating: 10/20- I expected better. When I go yum cha I have dessert as well. Also I would have loved there to be complimentary tea. Maybe when they have these things and the har gou and siu mai then they should think about inviting some bloggers down for beer and yum cha.

The service was alright though. The manager seemed a little bit surly.
City Orchids Garden Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...