Saturday, September 24, 2016

Mid Autumn Festival

The Mid Autumn festival is one of significance in China and Asia and here it is celebrated in Melbourne as many Asian students reside here. And also tourists come for many different things such as the Show and the footy finals.

It has been a long tradition to celebrate this at Crown and bring in the Westerners as well as the Asians. THis strengthens Melbourne's relationship with Asia and ties together all the different cultures. Furthermore the bond between the Australians and the Asians is strengthened through food and performances. This was a free event for all.
Pork sausage

Panda statue

At the dessert stall. I couldn't have any dessert



Costume contest

Ribbon dancing


Here there was the exciting dragon dance on Friday evening at Crown. Everyone enjoyed the atmosphere. But it was even better on Sunday where there were many workshops in which people can participate in. The one that got me the most was Healthyintstudents Zumba workshop. Here participants joined in and we all had fun burning off those excess calories from the delicious food. All the participants got a few free class vouchers.

Speaking of food there were many stalls which sold food for $5-$15. Most of the food was priced around the $12 mark. Much of the food was small hence many of them got lots more. But I didn't need a lot of food to keep me happy. I really liked the roti and the rice cakes, eventhough the vendor accidently left a calamari in there but I did not mind as it was not too chewy. Some of the calamari that I buy outside can be quite chewy. The roti was freshly done and it was like the one I had at Sambal Kampung except it was not too sweet.

On Friday and Sunday there were plenty of samples but Sunday I had more appetite due to running a tough 17km before. Hence I got to try the roti and the protein bar then. The protein bar was just ok.

There was a Buddha stall there but I wasn't allowed any photos sorry!

Anyway do come by to next years one and many thanks to City of Melbourne for this successful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...