Friday, May 1, 2015

Cushion

Cushion is a bar in St Kilda and it is a rather quiet one. RNIS bought the Groupon for this and I was keen to use it on this place.

It is a quiet little kitchy bar in a part of St Kilda where all the bars were so on a Friday night you would expect it to be crowded. In fact it wasn't. I wondered why seeing as the food was mostly good. Also many trams go past it from the CBD.

I had their vegetarian pizza, signature chicken wings with BBQ sauce and chips with chill mayo. They had the half price pizza today but it was not valid for customers with a Groupon. It was fine by me.

This place does free food on Tuesdays (finger food that is) for uni students

The manager was lovely towards me and she mingled with everyone. I think she is Amercian going by her accent.

Their pizza was pretty good. It was sooo cheesy and rich and very American. Americans love their cheese and more cheese. There was a fair bit of veg on there. It was a decent sized pizza for $12.

I really did enjoy my chips-yum. And I loved the chilli mayo. Also yum. They were decent sized for $7.

But the barbeque wings and drumsticks ($8 per plate) was hard to eat. It was mainly bone and some of the meat did not fall off the bone, even when I tried to cut it. The barbeque sauce was sickly sweet.

Rating: 14/20- good meal in a quiet setting. Its a bit of a shame about the wings which is supposed to be their signature dish. Oh well I suppose the pizza is the signature.

Oh and they should invite some other bloggers too. It is not right that two other bloggers (Parmadaze and Bar Amigo) review them after they had been opened for so long.

Cushion Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...